Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Our first day home and the first 2 weeks

We left the hospital around 11am. It didn't take long to get home but I was so nervous taking him in the car. He looks so tiny in his car seat! It was such a great feeling though to have him out in the world! It took some getting used to having him here in the house and poor Reeses is spending more time outside right now. We let her in but she is really curious about Ryan. She barks when Ryan cries. Here are a couple of pics of our first moments home...
The first week was a little difficult for all of us to get used to and thank goodness for my parents making us dinners that we were able to freeze and just bake. It made the transition soo much easier! Ray and I didn't get much sleep but oddly enough I never really felt that tired! We took Ryan to the doctor's that following Friday and he weighed in at 6lbs 12oz I believe. The doctor said he was a little jaundiced and to make sure we got him in the sun to help. Everything else looked really good though. And of course that weekend we got rain and no sun! The second week home was a little better... Ray was still on leave and was able to pick up the kids and cook dinner. We took turns with Ryan and tried to take naps when we could. Towards the end of the week I was getting nervous... Ray would have to go back to work and it would just be me and Ryan all day long. This is perfectly fine except Ray has a way with little ones at calming them down. They snuggle up to him and feel safe and fall asleep which I understand because I feel the same way! I even broke down one night because I couldn't get Ryan to stop crying and the minute Ray took him he stopped! I couldn't help but cry... those darn hormones! The kids are really good with him and love to hold him and give him kisses. They are having a hard time adjusting their voices to be quiet when Ryan is sleeping but they are catching on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home