Sunday, May 14, 2006

On the Eve of Ryan's Birthday...

So I thought today I would be so nervous and scared, but surprisingly I've been very relaxed today. I don't think its fully hit me yet. I had such a wonderful day... Ray and the kids made me waffles with strawberries and whip cream on top with a side of bacon and served it to me in bed. Both the kids made me presents at school and both are so precious! Kaylee made a book about me which she said things like my favorite food is hamburger helper and that I'm cuddly! It's so cute! Austin made me this thing with his handprints and his picture and a poem about mother's. The handmade gifts are always the greatest. I fell back asleep after I ate breakfast and have been taking naps on and off all day. We did some swimming and its finally cooling down. We are watching the Sharks game now and hopefully they don't blow this one. So we head to the hospital around 11:45pm tonight and go from there. It probably won't hit me until we are in the labor and delivery room. But I'm excited!
In other news... Ray was cleaning the pool and adding chemicals yesterday when he opened the skimmer and found... a turtle!!! No joke! He tried to get the turtle out with the net but the turtle kept jumping back into the pool. We finally got him out and into a bucket. Kaylee wanted to keep him as a pet but with Ryan on his way and the fact we didn't know if the turtle was sick we had to tell her no. Ray called Petco to see what we should do with it. They said since it didn't have a red mark on his head, he probably made his way over from the pond/river at Christmas Hill Park which isn't too far from our house. They said we could just take him down there and let him go. So that's what we did. It's weird to think that if we just got in the pool and didn't notice the turtle before, we could've been swimming and a turtle could have just popped out at any time! We took pictures of course... check them out! I'll post a final belly pic later tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home