Saturday, August 05, 2006

First week back and other news...

So the first week of work went well. The second day dropping Ryan off was much easier. I think its due to the fact that he was smiling when I picked him up on the first day. If he had been crying, I'd probably be questioning it. When I dropped him off the 2nd day, he saw Maria and smiled. So I knew he felt comfortable being there. and that makes me feel 1000 times more comfortable. I may have said it before but I think it would have been easier had a family member was watching him. But I think we have found a great lady who is really great with kids (thanks Nathan!) Work is work... its good to be back and in some ways it feels as though I never left. Things just popped right back into place for me and it was nice to do something productive. I'm glad I started back and did a half week though. A full week I think would've been too much! Since I am back at work, Ray and I decided we needed a new routine for bed time. Before, I would go to bed around 10pm and Ray would stay up with Ryan and feed him his next feeding. He sometimes wouldn't come to bed until 3-4am! So we decided that we could try putting Ryan in his crib. But Ray had a brilliant idea of putting his little bed sleeper inside his crib.. that way he might be more comfortable. Then we decided that if he woke up, Ray would get up, change him and bring him to me to feed. The first night he slept for about 5 hours (10-3) and then woke up, ate, fell back asleep for another 3 hours, woke up, ate and fell back asleep until it was time for us to get up and get ready. So it worked out pretty well. Then we did it again Friday night. Ryan fell asleep around 10am... then we didn't hear him until about 6:45am! Ray asked me if I got up with him and he just didn't hear him. I said nope! Ryan slept thru the night!! It was great! We are wondering if he'll do it again... although tonight we will be at Nana and Papa's so it may be a little harder for him. At least we know he can do it! It gives us hope! Well hope everyone is doing well and have a great weekend! We'll get some new pics up soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home