Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Our first day apart...

Well here it is... the story about our first day apart. Ray woke up around 7am and got ready and then took Ryan so I could get ready. We left around 8am and was on our way. There was soo much traffic today. I hope its not like that every day! Normally Ryan and I could ride in the carpool lane but we wanted Ray there when we dropped him off so we stuck it out. We finally made it to Maria's around 9:30am. She told us she thought that maybe I had a hard time leaving the house.... and I said it will be leaving your house that will be hard. So we took Ryan out of his car seat and introduced him to Maria and the kids. I was able to give him a little kiss and she ushered us out the door! At first I was like I'm not ready to leave! but I realized what she did was for our benefit. I got to the car to go to work and cried a few tears. Its really hard to leave your baby with someone you barely know for the first time. I got to work and was holding back tears... everyone at work was really helpful and making me laugh. So that helped. I wanted to visit Ryan during lunch time but was too afraid that I wouldn't make it back to work, so I didn't visit him today. Ray went by and visited him though. He said he seemed really happy and Maria was really excited to have a tiny baby, whom she calls papas! So... I work for such an unbelievable understanding guy. I asked if I could work 6 hours at work and a couple hours at home so I could spend more time with Ryan and completely miss the traffic. He had no problem whatsoever with this and even came to remind me it was time for to leave. I was so excited to go pick him up. When I got there, Maria was holding him and when he saw me he smiled! She said he did really good and she loved having him. It made me feel better to see his happy face. We got home and spent our quality time together. So I must say it was a pretty successful day. Although I think tomorrow will probably just as hard, its good to have 1 day under our belts! Thats it for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home