Sunday, July 09, 2006

Ryan's First Trip to Nana and Papa's

Ryan had his first really long car ride to Nana and Papa's (Ray's parents) house over the 4th of July weekend. Nana and Papa live in Modesto which is about 2 hours away from where we are. He did really good on the way up there... luckily we didn't hit traffic so it was good. We stopped about half way in Los Banos so I could feed him but he slept most of the way. This was his first time in a long car ride and also meeting most of Ray's family. He had only met Nana and Papa and Uncle John and Auntie Kim before. So he saw a lot of new faces including his cousin Joe who was born 8 days before Ryan. He had a wonderful time and loved spending time in anyone's arms as long as he was outside! My in-laws were extrememly generous giving up their bed so Ray, Ryan and I could all sleep together. We usually sleep in one of Ray's little brother's rooms but his parents were afraid that the ceiling fans would bother Ryan so offered up their room. We had a really good time and it was nice having everyone around wanting to hold Ryan because it gave me a break and I was able to enjoy my weekend too. Don't get me wrong... I love my son but it was nice to be around him without having to hold him! The drive back was a little more tough... we again stopped in Los Banos to feed him and when he finished we hit the road again. Only this time he apparently was still hungry and was crying his head off! I had a bottle of formula that the hospital gave us in the diaper bag for emergencies and this seemed to be one since there was no place we could stop. SO I tried to give it to him... he didn't like it at all which made him even more mad. Finally he cried himself to sleep. But overall it was a great trip! It was soo great to see everyone! Here is a picture of Kaylee, Austin, and Kiara!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home